Thursday, May 19, 2011

Driving

Back in the day, the road to our house in Jackson Acres was primarily orange sand with some areas of oyster shells to help with erosion.  Back then it didn't have an actual street name and the directions to our house included things like: turn at the Jackson Acres sign, right before the DCA building... Back then the adults would let the kids sit in their laps and drive back to the house. 

Some traditions never change:
The Brat Child looks so calm and responsible in this photo.

Put notice my mom's death grip on the steering wheel here and the use of the windshield wipers on a sunny day.
 And last but not least, in the next shot we see The Brat Child's propensity for a game called Chicken.

I believe he actually said the words, "I'm gonna get dat car."
And I thought having a licensed teenage driver was bad...


4 comments:

  1. OMG! That last picture is hysterical! I did the same thing with my kids...and a few grandkids but their parents put a stop to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOL at Grandma's comment ... since her grands are the kids of her kids .. it was okay for her kids but not their kids? Party-poopers

    And BC looks like he's going be driving in the Indy 500 before long

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particularly love the cheeks in the first two photos; clearly he's thrilled to be driving, as well he should be.

    We learn to drive young around here, that's all there is to it. Both of my kids can drive, and only one has an actual permit. It's just how we do things around here.

    I get he'd love to drive the CB Children's Gator. Next time he comes for a visit, we're bringing it out.

    Y'all will be here next weekend, right? Stop by! I"ll be here working on the damn book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I BET he'd love. Not get. Chocket shakes. Farshmellows. Bet. Get. I'm all cornfused.

    ReplyDelete