Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Meditation

Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.
~ Brian Tracy




I will be heading south to Deltaville this coming weekend for the first time since the tornado hit.  While I've seen photos, I've been told that the photos do not do it justice. So today's quote definitely offers a spin on things that have happened.  While I'm not thankful the tornado happened, I am most definitely thankful no one was killed on injured in our area. 
There are possibilities in the rebuilding.
The same holds true for the struggles of life.  There are times in life that get you down and make you want to give up.  Times when the thought of being thankful is simply ludicrous.  Times when the only thing that is appealing is staying in bed with the covers pulled up over your head.
 
But there are possibilities in the rebuilding.

4 comments:

  1. Im sure that will be an emotional trip. Keeping the victims in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Grandma's comment .. and I think BC looks deceptively innocent in that photo ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot even imagine what you will face/experience/feel.

    But the place will always hold wonderful memories for you. Not even a tornado can erase the memories. Now, as you say, it's time to build new ones on top of the foundation of the old ones.

    A brand new beginning in a familiar, beloved place.

    Good luck and stop by or call me if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pic of BC! I'll be around if you need me this weekend!
    <><

    ReplyDelete