Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Being Thankful

Around this time of year, I start to look a little like this:
It's that time when people start telling everyone via social media what they're thankful for
to the tune of one thankful thing a day.
Eventually I notice around Day 10 of being thankful
that the thankful things begin tapering off 
until I don't see them anymore.
And the cynic in me 
chuckles.
Because really, life has too many stressors
and is too depressing 
to maintain 30 whole days of reasons to be thankful.
Unless you're Pollyanna.
But who chooses stress over the positives of being thankful?
So, I'm going to force myself to think of 30 things to be thankful for
in an effort to form new brain grooves so I won't be as much of a grinch.
(I'm pretty sure brain groove development is possible with repetitive habit forming actions-
at least it sounds good so we'll go with it.)
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment