Monday, November 10, 2014

Oyster Festival

This weekend I had the opportunity to attend the annual 
Oyster Festival in Urbanna, VA.
It's been many many years since I've been to an Oyster Festival.
These dogs were probably one of the coolest things I saw.
We toured some boats including the Godspeed
(pictured above)
from Jamestown.
The Brat Child built a boat and sailed it in the "pond"
There were unique recycling opportunities
to help Save the Bay
(and oysters)
And of course a parade with Shriners driving smaller than normal vehicles

And marching bands.

Overall it was a nice afternoon
spent in a quaint town
on what was probably one of the last warmish days of the fall.
(And I intend to head back to Urbanna next year when it isn't packed with people)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Glad the day was good and the weather cooperated. I was out of town running my bi-annual gruel-a-thon and couldn't get there this year. Hope you ate some good bad food.

    ReplyDelete