Friday, March 4, 2011

The Dream

You may arrive here expecting me to wax poetic about my goals and aspirations.  You'd be disappointed.  Today's blog entry is simply a recounting of an odd dream I recently had starring myself and fellow blogger and friend Chesapeake Bay Woman.  I opted to illustrate the story of my odd dream in a similar fashion as one of my other favorite blogs Hyperbole and a Half.  Let the story begin....

One day, Chesapeake Bay Woman (CBW) and I were hanging out on a floating dock.
(no, I don't know why and I'm not sure how we got on it or what specific body of water we were floating on, but I'm certain it was somewhere in the Deltaville/Mathews area)
We were wearing some of our favorite accessories and holding hands. 
(for those who are unsure, CBW is the blonde in the crab hat)

Suddenly, Danger appeared!
Hundreds of Mean Bloodthirsty Sharks surrounded our floating dock. 
How would we ever make it to shore?!

As we were trying to determine how to escape to safety, several crab pots floated to the surface (yes, I know crab pots don't float but apparently my subconscious doesn't know that)
The crab pots were full of Mean Angry Crabs trying to pinch us. 
We were worried.

Then we had an idea!
We could leap from crab pot to crab pot and get to the shore.
(please note: we are pointing our index fingers in an "ah-ha" sort of way NOT flipping people off.  On second thought, I guess it depends on who is reading this.)


So we did.
(Does anyone else think CBW's crab hat looks like a helmet here? Does anyone else become overcome by laughter at the thought of a crab hat helmet?)

It was around this time during the night that the Brat Child came into my room and woke me up subsequently ending my dream- before I knew the ending
Did we get eaten by the sharks? Did we make it to shore?

I'm saying that we did make it back to shore and drank a lot of wine once we got there.

I wonder what my next odd dream will be about.....


And yes, it's true- Not all my puppies is barkin'
*No crabs, sharks or killer geese were harmed in the making of this blogpost. 

17 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard I hurt my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so hard I split my crab hat helmet! And I can still interpret this dream for you. Just let me recover from the laughter first.

    Oh, how I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep coming back here and laughing. So far, my favorite is the second picture where even the crab hat and the rubber ducky have a shocked look.

    This is award-winning artwork, Miss Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike- better outfit you with a crab hat helmet then.

    CBW- I chuckle everytime I think of this blogpost. I've looked at it many many times. I don't know if I can ever top this one....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the portrait of Gustav.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  6. very very funny, and Jamie I think you found your creative!! Really good artwork. I like the last one with the wine! Bravo!!

    TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately, CBW is missing a very important piece of her wardrobe, safety goggles! And Gustav is every bit as evil as pictured!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that is hilarious! I love Hyperbole and A Half, too. The illustrations make it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is so cute! knowing CBW you probably got ate by sharks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one of the very best laughs I have had in a long time! LOVE love love the artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh brilliant work ... and I think CBW's crab hat looked like a Viking Crab Helmet! And the ducky tube is priceless ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite is the second photo because the crab hat and the duck both have surprised expressions. This is great. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see children's books in your future, Jamie!! (maybe the wine could become 'grape juice')

    So very, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If cartoons don't become a regular feature of this blog, you are missing a very big boat, Miss Jamie. LOVED this! Still laughing at the mean crabs and the pointy fingers. AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone :) Hopefully I'll come up with another brilliant cartoon idea soon. And Shelley... I think there's a Micael Jackson comment in there somewhere, but I will refrain.

    ReplyDelete