Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Meditation

The following inspirational quotes are all attributed to Dolly Parton:

"Storms make trees take deeper roots."


"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."











I took these photos a couple weeks ago as I was headed down south to Deltaville. 
We had a freak storm hit as we were loading the car, but we were fortunate enough to catch a glimpse of a spectacular rainbow. 
It seems as though there have been a lot of rainbow sightings around here.
Granted, it's most likely because of the freakish storms and tremendous amounts of rain we've had this spring, but I like to think it's a sign that things are going to work out. 
And I'm not just talking tornado clean up either. 
Finally in my own personal life, there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel-
that isn't an approaching train. 

2 comments:

  1. Jealous .. I have yet to capture a rainbox ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous shots and what good news that things are finally taking shape in your life - a shape that isn't an oncoming freight train!

    BTW, Dolly Parton sang at Donk's Theater (in Hudgins) back in the 1970s. Yes, we still brag about it.

    Hope to see you at some point this weekend.

    ReplyDelete